Millard’s manufacturing capabilities are the direct beneficiary of sound engineering practices and technological investment.
- Computer modelling is used to confirm that components fit and function properly prior to fabrication
- Parts are fabricated directly from computer models using CNC machining and waterjet cutting. The resulting part is near-identical to the model.
- Constant upgrades to Millard’s manufacturing equipment allow mast sections to be fabricated consistently to a tolerance of ±3mm of the design height
- Mast sections are squared and trued in-house to ensure the assembly stands true without the need for in-field adjustments
- Rigorous quality checks are performed to confirm components are fabricated in accordance to engineered drawings
- As a final check, components are assembled as much as possible prior to shipping to ensure the parts fit together and function as planned.
Continual investment in Millard’s manufacturing capabilities has been a key contributor to the longevity and success of the company.