The quality of Millard masts is directly attributable to the materials it uses in all designs, regardless of application. It is because of this quality that Millard is pleased to offer a 10-year warranty on its complete product line.
Millard mast sections, parts and accessories are made from high-grade Aluminum Alloy – the same material used to build spacecraft and marine vessels. The material is favoured because it is:
- Rugged – special handling procedures are not required. Dings, scuffs, scrapes and nicks are only aesthetic
- Durable – pound for pound stronger than steel, it will maintain its strength for decades with virtually no maintenance
- UV Resistant – exposure does not compromise structural integrity
- Saltwater Resistant – marine grade alloy oxidizes quickly providing sealed protection
- Lightweight – 3m sections weigh only 7kg to 34kg
- Green – 100% recyclable
All hardware is made from 18-8 Stainless Steel, with the exception of foundation bolts which are Hot-Dipped Galvanized Steel.
To further improve the resilience of an already robust design, Millard powder coats its sections to AAMA 2603 standards. The coating has a typical lifespan of 30 years and provides additional UV and saltwater protection.